Saturday, September 12, 2009

Introducing.. the food blog!

XXXXX
In my other blog (Random Notes of a Tokyo Girl) I talk about whatever interests me, not excluding food. But I felt like I needed a separate blog dedicated to food. I am a bona fide foodie. I like going to grocery shops, farmer's markets, cook, watch other people cook, eat. I enjoy home-cooked meals as well as casual and fine dining at restaurants. And dinner parties - there is nothing better than hanging out in the kitchen with friends whilst cutting, stirring, boiling, and sipping wine.. the kitchen is where are the good stories are told after all.

I grew up being fed by a full-time mom who loves to cook. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner almost everyday, plus sweets on weekends. She has always been an adventurous chef, gracing the family (and friends) with her culinary skills, from traditional Japanese to Italian, and almost everything else. And although I never showed any interest in helping her as a child, I loved hanging out in the kitchen while she whipped up something wonderful. So in a way, this blog is dedicated to her, to thank her for all the wonderful meals she has cooked for us.

1 Comments:

Blogger lisa solomon said...

hi maki! it's funny.... my mom used to cook amazing meals too, and i was never that interested in cooking. i still am not the best of chefs - but i LOVE eating. and luckily my husband loves cooking!

looking forward to seeing what you write about here... xo

September 15, 2009 at 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home