Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Food Heaven

XX
I'm at my parents' house in the countryside this week. I eat, drink, read, take walks, go to the nearby museum (designed by architect Tadao Ando), and play with the family dog Rubee when I'm here. But I find myself puttering around the kitchen area most of the time. With 2 fridges loaded with food, and baskets full of veggies and fruits, it's hard not to! My parents have a little organic vegetable garden by their house, where they grow pretty much everything from tomatoes, corn, to edamame. I'm sure they can live off their harvest in the summer..


Corn and edamame picked today
(I wish I were able to send these edamame to my friend Lara in New York,who has been finding it particularly difficult to come across the organically grown)

XXXX
XX
Very nice wine
(Far Niente, 1994, Cabernet Sauvignon)
XX

XX