Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring pasta

Spring pasta, because of the asparagus. Couldn't be easier to make. All I did was saute bacon and garlic in olive oil for two minutes, add cherry tomatoes and asparagus, a good ladle-full of starchy pasta water, salt and pepper, and let simmer for 5 minutes. Threw in cooked pasta towards the end. I used organic whole wheat fusilli this time, not De Cecco, my usual pasta of choice.


This would have been fine, but I went a step further and topped it with a fried egg. And parmesan cheese of course. The culprit of my over-zealousness being Mario Batali's Asparagus Milanese - fried egg over grilled asparagus - which is more of a brunch thing. I was in the mood for something a bit more substantial, so I decided to turn it into a pasta dish, using the same ingredients plus more.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home